Monday, July 9, 2007

Me and the net

What you did and bought vs what you do and get for free!!!!!!


Before I never really red magazines, newspapers, etc. ...... now I keep track on world information using Google reader - reader.google.com
My dad bought an encyclopedia and a few dictionaries.... I do Webster - www.webster.com and Wikipedia - www.wikipedia.com and
Word Reference - www.wordreference.com



to find a new restaurant I had to buy the Michelin guide, now I just check what people say on Yelp - www.yelp.com

Before I had a business card holder and a contacts book...... Now I manage my professional contacts using Linkedin - www.linkedin.com


My favorite stuff??? in a box??? ... Now is all Delicious - del.ici.ous


How many times did I start writting a diary and writting letters... well now, like everybody else I simply blog. Blogger - www.blogger.com


My pictures never reached an album,...... now I've become a photo editor and publisher using Picasa - picasa.google.com


Get the cheapest ticket?? Well it depended on how good and trustful the travel agent was,.. now just do some metasearching with Kayak - www.kayak.com


Before when I wanted to buy something I relied on my friends opinion...... now you can get advise on Consumers Report - www.consumerreports.org (the only paying one!!)


Before if you were bored you turned on the TV now you can do some discovery with Stumble Upon - www.stumbleupon.com or watch some movies with Jaman - www.jaman.com


And of course, before to listen music I had to buy CD's or even K-7,... now I just use Pandora for music and iTunes for eveything else , essentially podcasts www.pandora

Listen radio on Pandora Radio - pandora.com. And of course, music and podcast go to itunes - www.apple.com/itunes

And i keep a list of books I should read at Amazon



And you know what all of these tools have in common, they're just built to help , and they charge the advertiser, not the user !!!!!!
GREAT!!!


No comments: